Rutgers Room Control software provides a novel and powerful tool for presenting material a state of the art media presentation setting.
Created by the Rutgers’ Classroom Technology Service team, the software provides faculty with state of the art technology for communicating information to a group. Rather than requiring specific technologies or restricting the types of tools presenters can use; the Room Control Software provides a wide variety of tools for use by a presenter. This gives presenters flexibility with respect to how they chose to delivery information to their audience.
The Room Control Software operates on a standard computer and supports popular computer-based presentation software, high-definition film screening and digital video, and projection of camera-captured demonstrations. Whiteboard annotation software and over forty additional applications are available for use.
Benefits of the Rutgers’ Room Control Software:
The Room Control Software provides:
- A consistent user experience that enables presenters to learn one system versus multiple unique room setups.
- The ability to use cutting-edge technologies to make an audience experience exhilarating and personal.
- Supports a wide array of hardware and software.
- Allows completely integrated use of audio, video, and projecting of information displayed on a computer or captured by a camera.
- Useful in any setting that provides room presentation capabilities; e.g., in meeting rooms, classrooms, theaters, and similar space.
- Educational institutions such as colleges, universities or K-12, etc.
- Conference facilities such as convention centers and hotels and/or suppliers of equipment for them.
- The Rutgers Digital Classroom Podium (DCP) is a preconfigured podium that operates the Classroom Control Software and includes a media player, a document camera, portable devices and supports any HDMI or VGA connected device.
- The Rutgers Digital Classroom Fliptop is a table top version of the DCP that operates from a desk or table.
- Multiple screen projection, multi- room projection and voice amplification options.
Intellectual Property & Development Status:
Available through license or distribution
For information about licensing contact: David Zimmerman